When a licence is necessary
Educational institutions are public places, therefore it shall be considered for what events and when a licence is necessary.
In activities directly connected to implementation of the curriculum and to functioning of the school, authors’ works can be used freely without procurement of a licence and without payment of royalties.
No licence is necessary to perform works during festive ceremonies organized by the educational institution: at graduation ceremony, badge party, 1st September event etc., or class parties, even with presence of parents.
A licence shall be obtained for extra-curricular usages of works:
1) for public performance of protected authors’ works:
- to play music in corridors during intervals, at the school’s entrance, at the dining room;
- in concerts,
- at dance parties, at discos,
- at alumni parties,
- at theatre performances;
2) for reproduction and publishing;
3) for posting on the Internet.
In case of queries please contact AKKA/LAA via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Musical works – (+371) 67506422 or 29191372
- Films – (+371) 67506424 or 28361348
- Dramatic, musical dramatic, choreographic and literary works – (+371) 67506132 or 22006650
- Paintings, photographs and other works of visual art – (+371) 67506133 or 26395939